Our client is the technology leader for advanced test & measurement instruments for dynamic signal processing. Their products are used in many application fields by demanding researchers all over the world. The vision is to revolutionize instrumentation by incorporating the latest analog and digital technology into powerful measurement systems for unprecedented functionality and performance.
For the Research and Development team in Zurich we are currently looking for an
Software Engineer (Electrical Engineer PhD, Physicist PhD)
You are comfortable solving numerical problems in signal processing with the latest software tools. You are familiar with control theory and like to implement these algorithms on a state-of-the-art web-technology-based user interface. You are fascinated by measurement devices that provide 160dB signal-to-noise ratios and you have talent in contributing to a team all focused on getting things up and running. This is your chance for working inside a small high-quality R&D team striving for the best-on-market measurement software and hardware solutions.
In this position you will be responsible for
- Full design flow from concept work, specification, programming, verification and automatic test of dynamic signal processing
- Modeling of system performance and accuracy estimations in script languages like Matlab or Python
- Development and implementation of algorithms for high-performance API and web-based user interface for optimal user experience
- Documentation, test and regression test definition
To make these endeavors successful, you should bring
- MSc or, preferred, PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of C++ (C++11, Boost)
- Numerical methods in the area of control theory and signal analysis
- Exceptional mathematical and modeling skills
- Experience in digital signal processing and algorithm development
- In-depth knowledge of exception-safe, multi-threaded programming and design patterns
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Python and Matlab
- Experience in API design and programming
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analysis skills
- Experience with socket programming (boost:asio) and TCP/IP network protocols is a plus
- Proficient in English, additional languages are a plus
Are you a result oriented, self-driven and intrinsically motivated person who loves to tackle challenges in a cooperative fashion? Do you feel inspired to work within a multicultural, high-tech environment? Our client offers a diverse work environment with an open, sporty company culture where people develop and form the base of our success.
interested? Then please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Andri Granziol, Partner
Tel: 041 709 05 33